Saturday, July 18, 2009

God Bless the U.S.A.

The 4th of July has always been my very favorite holiday, and today reminded me of why. We started out the day at my Grandpa's house in Tooele to watch the parade. Tiegan loved it! We thought the sirens would scare him but he just looked at them in curious awe. One float threw out beads, and they are now his favorite toy. We never leave the house without them! So my son plays with a necklace?? Don't judge me :)
From there we went to a BBQ at my aunt Joanne's house. It is the one time of year we get to see that side of the family. My cousin Jeff announced that he and his wife Kayla are having a baby! Congratulations guys!

Then we were off to Taylorsville for a BBQ with the Stirling's. It was fun to eat and just hang out on the lawn talking. Spencer and Astrid are having a baby in September, and were looking for opinions on names. So far they like Argyle, Aden, Torbin, and Aloicious, so it will be interesting to see which one they pick...

We ended the day back in Grantsville with fireworks. Once again, we though Tiegan would be scared, but he loved them! He may play with a necklace, but he's one tough boy! It was so cute to watch his little face stare up at them in wonder.

I am so proud to be an American! I love this country and what it stands for. I am so grateful for our Founding Father's and for what they sacrificed for it. I am so grateful for our freedoms and our rights. God bless the U.S.A!`

1 comment:

Katrina and David said...

I had no idea the 4th was your favorite holiday...mine too! Weird. Sounds like you guys had a busy day!!! Tiegan is getting SO big & more adorable every time I see new pictures...love you guys!