Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Double your fun??

*Note to self: Do not let your husband and toddler have surgery on the same day. Especially when you have just given birth 3 weeks before. It just means you will have 3 babies to take care of...

Trent has never been able to breathe out of the left side of his nose, and cannot survive without Claratin. We finally took him to the ENT, who told him that he had a deviated septum, and pollups clogging his entire airway. So we took him in to be fixed.
On the same day and by the same doctor who fixed Tiegan's dislodged tubes and trimmed the
turbinates in his nasal cavity because his airway is way smaller than it should be.
It took Tiegan over two hours to wake up.
But when he did, they gave him a popcicle and he was a happy camper.
Trent was a different story...

I didn't take an after picture of Trent because, quite frankly, it was too sad! Apparently drugs do different things to different people, and they make Trent cry. When they finally led me back to see him, the nurse told me that he was "a mess." They wanted him to calm down before he saw me, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. When the nurse told him I was there his eyes flew open and he said (in a drug-induced sleepy yet excited voice) "My wife?!" and then he started bawling.
He told me, "I needed you to hold my hand and I told them that you were the cute one because I knew they'd find you faster." Um, excuse me, nurse? May I please have some of those drugs to take home?? :) Seriously, he was the cutest, sweetest version of himself. He kept asking about Tiegan and telling me how much he loved me.

Other favorite quotes from the day:

Nurse: Trent, do you remember going back with the anesthesiologist?
Trent: Yes. It was creepy (followed by lots of crying)

Trent: Is it a problem that I can't breathe? Oh no! I can't breathe! (starts freaking out)
Nurse: Yes you can. Your oxygen level is fine. Just open your mouth.
Trent: (opens his mouth and gasps for air) Oh.

Trent: Tell me a story.
Me: Once upon a time
Trent (interrupting): No, tell me the story of us. That one is my favorite.

Trent: Why can't I stop crying?
Me: Its just the drugs, honey. It's ok.
Trent: No it's not! I'm such a baby! (followed by lots of crying)

Trent to me: I thank Heavenly Father every night for you. I tell him I could never live without you (followed by crying).



4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh poor Trent...I hope everyone has recovered now!

Natalie said...

HAHAHA! I totally laughed out loud. Poor Trent, but that is really funny. At least you know he really loves you!

Kris and Sam said...

I love that this happened. I love even more that you posted it for the world to see. :)

Autumn said...

I only wish you would have taken a picture because when he was a boy he would cry with one eye closed-it was the cutest thing EVER! Those drugs do crazy things. Oh boy!