Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Father and his Son

I knew Trent would be a good father, I wouldn't have married him if I thought otherwise. However, through these past couple of months I have found that he is not a good father, he is an INCREDIBLE father! Seriously, he is a much better parent than I am. He gets up at night with Tiegan (woohoo for bottle feeding!) at least 2-3 times, and he stays home with him all day while I work (luckily he can work at night or on weekends).
Trent reads scriptures to him every morning, and then they have a Ukrainian lesson (he is hoping to teach him the language so they can talk to each other without me knowing what they are saying), and then they nap together, and then Tiegan sits beside Trent while he works on the computer. And then they sit and stare at the door and wait for me to come home because they miss me so desperately (Okay, so maybe that part isn't exactly correct, but I like to think this is how it goes).
They are so adorable together and their bond is evident. Sometimes when I am holding Tieg he will cry and as soon as Trent takes him he stops crying instantly and smiles (this both disgusts me and makes my heart smile). I have the BEST husband and Tiegan has the BEST father, and lucky us that this person is one and the same! We love you Trent, thanks for all you do!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Awww, you are so sweet Richelle. He has an awesome mama too!! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Jeremy said...

Keep it up Trent! I remember my Ukranian lesson with Trent...I miss the naps, too.

Mckade.Stacie.Navie said...

oh my hi is darling! trent is such a good little daddy! good work!!! i hope we can be good parents like you guys! he is too cute!

Julienne said...

I can see the resemblance that you were talking about! I'm glad that you have good man to help you transition through this awesome experience. Thanks for coming and visiting yesterday it's always good to have a good laugh with some girls!

The Corbridges said...

Uggghh! That is SO cute. I love the first picture of them sleeping. You are lucky to have them both-but I think they're lucky to have you too. You guys are awesome. :)

Gail said...

What a lucky little boy to have such a good dad and mommy too.

Natalie said...

I know exactly how you feel! It's hard to put into words, but seeing your husband with your baby just totally adds a whole new amazing element to your life and marriage. I am SO HAPPY for you guys!

Autumn said...

Good work Trenty-boy. Tiegan has a sweet little mother as well and I'm positive they sit and stare at the door waiting for you to get home:).

ApRil & Heath said...

tiegen is getting so big! He is adorable! Sorry I have been sucha stranger on here the past little while.. I love reading all about you and your precious lil fam! :)