Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We are having a...

Anyone who knows me knows that I CANNOT wait for things. This drives Trent nuts because I ALWAYS find my presents (for Christmas, birthday, anniversay, you name it) and peek. I don't know why I do this, I just can't help myself. It's an illness, I know. So it really didn't shock anybody that I could NOT wait for the standard 20 week ultrasound to "peek" at our baby (and thus determine gender). We went to Fetal Fotos on Friday, at 16 weeks and I had been anxiously counting down the days. I could not sleep the night before because I was SO excited...

So we get there, and we see the baby and it looked so cute and perfect and we could see hands, and feet and so much incredible detail. Its amazing to think that that baby is inside of me right now. And then the big moment arrives and...

NOTHING! The cord was exactly where we needed to be looking. So they sent me home and told me to come back on Monday. Words do not describe my disappointment. I hope our baby leaves this pattern of misbehavior in the womb :)

We went back on Monday, and still, that blasted cord was STILL in the way! But luckily, the girl this time was like, "you are not leaving here until we know!" I wanted to kiss her. So the adventure began. She had me lay on my left side...nothing. She repeatedly poked me in the belly...nothing. Finally she had me drink cold water and...

TA DA! The cord floated away to show us..
That Tiegan will be the proud brother of a little SISTER! I am so happy to know and to be able to start buying bows and pink :)

12 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! :)

Kris and Sam said...

Yeah, I'm excited for you (naturally!), but I still don't have a clue how you determined girl from those images! Ultrasounds are always a mystery to me. :) You need to start crafting cutsie girl things!

Sheena said...

Yay! So far, I think girls are fun! Congrats!!

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so, so, so happy for you! Don't even start buying pink and bows or you'll never be able to stop. (I totally went shopping on the way home from my ultrasound and stocked up!) I can't wait to see your little gal--she'll be such a doll!

Having a big brother/little sister is so much fun. You'll love it. :)

Autumn said...

Oh how sweet, a little Rikki-Doodle-Noodle Jr. She will be so precious. Congrats!

Soji said...

Congratulations Richelle!! That is awesome news, she'll be adorable!

Jill said...

Yay for baby girls! I love that little profile shot, we never got a clear one of Mariah! I can't wait for little Bertha Stirling to arrive...Trent told me that name was his favorite ;)

Natalie said...

so excited for you to have one of each! love having girls and love my boy! you will have so much fun! miss you guys! come to va!

Shannon said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited for you guys... especially for you! Every girlie girl need a cute little baby girl to dress up. Congrats

Jamie said...

SO excited for you guys! CONGRATS!!! :)

Team Boo said...

dude I can't ever wait and open stuff early too...I love you.

Dave and Alisha said...

How fun. congrat!! girls are so fun!