Saturday my parents and us took a picnic to the Grantsville Park. Here are some pictures we snapped while we were there:




Sunday and Monday we had BBQ's with the Stirlings. Trent's brother-in-law Pete has the best BBQ skills I have ever seen or tasted. Seriously. It was pretty yummy.
Thursday night my parents, along with Trent and Tiegan, came to the Cache County School District Board meeting, where I was honored as their "Teacher of the Year." The Superintendent told me that winning the award as a first year teacher was "unheard of." I was quite shocked but very honored and excited. I am so grateful that I have such an amazing, supportive family. At first I was embarrassed that they looked like the Paparazzi standing up in the back with 2 digital cameras and a video recorder, but the more I thought about it the more I realized how lucky I am to have these people beaming with happiness for me.
And that concludes our weekend! I am happy to report that I only have to teach 5 more times, and one of those times we will be at Lagoon! Wahoo!

6 comments:
Hey congrats on teacher of the year!! That is so awesome. I'm not suprised one bit though- you're the cutest girl and I know everyone there just loves you! Also, what a cute little family you have...Tiegan is getting so big, he's darling! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Richelle that is so neat and I bet you are a great teacher. I bet all the kids want you for a teacher. See, all those times teaching you school in the playroom really paid off :-). I am soooo proud of you and everything you have accomplished. Little Tiegan is getting big, I have got to get down to see him. Please call me next time you are down.
Amy
Way to go! I am so proud of you and know you are such a great teacher. I feel like Sierra and I are partly responsible for getting you to SC, so let's really get together for a celebration dinner at Firehouse! (Of course, you'll have to buy for us because you wouldn't be Teacher of the Year if it wasn't for us and that big bonus they don't give you will really cover it.) :)
Tiegan is getting so big and is just so cute!
Wowzers!! That's terrific! I am so happy for you. I'm not suprised at all. Great job.
Congratulations! Great pictures too...and of course you got the award! Doesn't surprise me one bit.
That is really amazing that you were awarded "Teacher of the Year"! For anyone that is reading this that doesn't know... That is a big deal! I would know. :) I am sure you are an amazing teacher, Richelle! I love the pictures of your family. It's neat how you add words to the pictures. How do you do that?
Post a Comment