At the end of August, my little brother Rick and his girlfriend Allycin found out they were pregnant. They were not in a position to get married, and the one thing they wanted this baby to have was a family to love him. Trent and I found out, prayed, and knew beyond a doubt that this baby was meant for our family. Rick and Allycin also felt so strongly that we should be his parents. They were thrilled to be able to know him throughout his life and not have to wonder where he was and if he was being treated well.
We have been asked alot if Trent and I are unable to have children, and the answer is that we have not even tried for our own yet. We just hadn't felt that it was time, and now we know why- We had to be ready for Tiegan!
So anyway, in September we found out that Allycin wasn't 2 months along and due in April, she was 6 months along and due in December! Yikes! So she withrew from school in St. George and moved in with my parents. She will be with them until school starts again in January, and I know we are all going to bawl our eyes out when she leaves. She is the most amazing girl I have ever met and I truly love her so much.
Some people ask if this situation will be weird, but I honestly think it will be wonderful. I just think how lucky Tiegan is to have so many people love and care about him.
This is a picture of Rick, Allycin, me and Trent 3 days before Tiegan was born. (As a sidenote I REALLY do not think it is fair that Allycin looks better 9 months pregnant than I do not pregnant at all!!)

5 comments:
oh i'm so glad you posted that. i had no idea! i am truly happy for you. tiegan is so lucky to have a wonderful family. being a mommy is the BEST and it only gets better! u need to bring him into work so i can meet him in real life!!! congrats you two!
oh he is so darling! i cant wait to meet him!
First- whatever...you are beautiful! Your baby is Adorable!! I am so happy for you guys! How is it bein a mommy?!
You are just the sweetest mom ever. Tiegan is very lucky to have so many people love him. I love him and we haven't even met.
Hi Richelle, this is Sharon (Orgill) Anderson. I'm not sure if you remember me. I used to be in your ward growing up.
I came across your blog and just wanted to let you know that I'm reading it, if thats okay. You look so happy and I'm thrilled for you guys! Congrats on the new baby! You will be an amazing mom, I am sure. Take care!
Post a Comment