Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Trent!

Trent turned 28 on December 3rd, and all he wanted for his big day was a weekend away with his wife. So sweet! So he talked my parents into taking Tiegan overnight (which was easy since they ADORE him) and he booked us a room at the Silverado Lodge in Park City. He was so excited because the room had a fireplace, kitchen, and gorgeous tiled shower. This was the makings for a perfect, romantic weekend.
When we arrived at the lodge, we were stunned by how beautiful everything was, and the elaborate Christmas decorations all around. It was cozy and magical and everything Trent had hoped for. We checked in, and went right to our room.

Sure enough, there is the kitchen...

And the fireplace...
And the beautiful tiled shower. I was soaking it all in, when Trent suddenly asks, "Well, where is the bed?" I turned in circles a few times and then admitted, "I don't know!" There was no bed. Anywhere. Surely there was a bed, right?! We found a mystery door, but all that was behind it was a washer and dryer. Another door, but it was locked because it went into the room next door. I asked him if he just booked a kitchen and living room. He goes, "I'm so confused!"

Then, at the same moment our eyes went to a little, skinny, cupboard on the wall. Trent declares, "that better not be the bed..."
But sure enough, he tugged on it an out popped the bed! We had to move the coffee table to lay it down all the way. I started laughing so hard I was afraid I would send myself into labor. It was seriously one of the funniest things that had ever happened to us. I don't think Trent found it that amusing, but I thought it was HILARIOUS. It ended up providing us with lots of cuddle time, since it was so small.

This did not ruin our weekend get-a-way. We had a WONDERFUL time shopping, eating, buying pies at Wal-Mart to consume while watching Red Box movies, and just being together. Happy Birthday Babe! Thank you for making me your birthday wish :)

1 comment:

the elfors said...

that looks like a lot of fun! i love park city!